We are delighted to announce that 20 new schools have been selected to join our network of Beacon Schools in Holocaust Education.
Over the coming year, Lead Teachers will participate in an intensive residential seminar in London and a study visit to Poland (all free of charge). They advance their subject knowledge, reflect more deeply upon their rationale for teaching about the Holocaust, and develop a more coherent and effective Scheme of work, embedding the Centre’s pedagogical approaches, teaching and learning materials and effective practice.
Beacon Schools emerge as dynamic hubs within school networks, together reaching hundreds of schools across the country, sharing expertise and experience and modelling how excellent teaching and learning about the Holocaust can make a major contribution to young people’s education.
Each school will partner with our leading experts in Holocaust Education in providing a CPD day for teachers in their area. Check our website for these upcoming CPD dates across the country.
The new Beacon Schools this year are:
- Capital City Academy, London
- Carshalton Boys Sports College, Surrey
- Coopers School, Chislehurst, Kent
- CTC Kingshurst Academy, Birmingham
- Fort Hill School, Basingstoke
- George Green’s School, London
- Higham Lane School, Nuneaton
- Hope Academy, Merseyside
- Oakwood High School, Rotherham
- Outwood Academy, Brumby, North Lincolnshire
- Sandhurst School, Berkshire
- Selby High School, North Yorkshire
- Sheldon School, Chippenham
- St Andrews College and Sixth Form College, Croydon
- St. Augustine’s Catholic College, Trowbridge
- Stoke Park School and Community College, Coventry
- Stratton Upper School, Biggleswade , Bedfordshire
- Tapton School Academy Trust, Sheffield
- The Forest School, Horsham
- The Hermitage Academy, Durham