- Initial Teacher Education
Tuesday 2 June 2020
*** This course is only open to students at The University of Manchester ***
This day is tailored to the needs of beginning teachers, covering the following topics.
- The current state of Holocaust education in England: What the Centre’s groundbreaking research has revealed.
- Practical classroom activities with effective teaching and learning materials.
- Learning about the Holocaust through authentic encounters with artefacts and invidual stories.
- Multidisciplinary approaches to teaching about the Holocaust.
- British responses to the Holocaust.
Whilst these broad themes provide an outline of the day, the Centre’s team works closely with individual tutors to ensure that the needs of specific groups are understood and met.