ITE, Canterbury Christ Church University (History)
- Initial Teacher Education
Friday 28 February 2020
Canterbury Christ Church University
***This course is only open to History students at CCCU***
This day is tailored to the needs of beginning teachers, covering the following topics.
• The current state of Holocaust education in England: What the Centre’s groundbreaking research has revealed.
• Practical classroom activities with effective teaching and learning materials.
• The significance of the Holocaust: what was lost in the genocide through a consideration of pre-war Jewish life?
• Multidisciplinary approaches to teaching about the Holocaust.
• The legacy of the Holocaust.
Whilst these broad themes provide an outline of the day, the Centre’s team works closely with individual tutors to ensure that the needs of specific groups are understood and met.