ITE, Birmingham City University
- Initial Teacher Education
Friday 14 February 2020
Birmingham City University
This day is tailored to the needs of beginning teachers, covering the following topics.
- The current state of Holocaust education in England: What the Centre’s groundbreaking research has revealed.
- Practical classroom activities with effective teaching and learning materials.
- Learning about the Holocaust through authentic encouters with artefacts and invidual stories.
- Multidisciplinary approaches to teaching about the Holocaust.
- Unlocking antisemitism
Whilst these broad themes provide an outline of the day, the Centre’s team works closely with individual tutors to ensure that the needs of specific groups are understood and met.